Esprit

Welcome back, I hope that your week is not southward bound just yet but if it is, here is another lookpost to pick you right up! I have been so excited to share this look post not only because it was so much fun to shoot but because I got to work with the wonderful Lisa Gabriel. Now, if you have been following the South African blogosphere, Lisa mainly works with blogger Aqeelah Harron of FashionBreed and many other Cape Town bloggers (MsPaulaBee, Birdline Blog etc). I saw that she was going to be in Johannesburg for the weekend I had to take the opportunity to shoot with her. I had always loved her signature muted colour edit and how her images were always fuss-free but so striking.

We decided to shoot at this really clean and architectural location at Nelson Mandela Square and it complimented my outfit so well. I had picked up this safari-inspired jumpsuit at the Skip Fashion Exchange from the one of the vendors called "Vintage Retro PreLoved". They have such unique vintage pieces that are really classically feminine. I thought that this jumpsuit had to come home with me as it was something completely different to what's currently in my closet and its one of those pieces that you think you are crazy to want but need to make it work because there is a stroke of genius to it all. I also think that work influences had something to do with it as the safari trend has been creeping up in trend forecasts this season. I think this item will work really well in the summer paired with strappy sandals with amazing metal detailing and earthy-toned accessories.

It was fun learning different techniques from Lisa during this shoot and really trying to perfect my "modelling skills". I do find that I can be really awkward in front of a camera and more times than not I will burst out into laughter when I feel awkward...which is usually when we get the "money" shot. *weird lol* I really wanted to do a jumping shot, channelling my inner Lacoste ad campaign for this look. I thought it would add a great energy to the look and it complemented the fun and girl-scout nature of this look. If you would like to get your hands on some of your own vintage clothing, check out Vintage Retro PreLoved on Instagram @vintageretropreloved and order via the email provided. I hope that you enjoy this lookpost, let me know what you think with comments down below. Follow me on Instagram @londam_holland_ and Bloglovin: Londam-Holland. There is so much in the pipeline at the moment, I am having so much fun working on little projects for the blog and working with creative minds that I really am honoured to work with. I will reveal all in good time...

Photography: Lisa Gabriel @lisag_photography
Outfit Details:
Jumpsuit: Vintage Retro PreLoved/ Scarf: Colleen Eitzen/ Shirt: OATH Studio/ Belt: MRP/ Shoes: Zara

Share:

0 comments