Room Service

On a recent business trip to Cape Town, I had to share this sanctuary that I had the pleasure to spend my one night at.  I usually don't rant too much about hotels anymore; partially because I have worked in so many as a hotelier that the glamour faded away but also because they were starting to look the same. What changed my mind about Double Tree by Hilton in Woodstock is that it felt homely but still had that special hotel atmosphere that makes you feel like you stepped away from your life for a few seconds. I especially loved the space factor. So much space, massive bed and bathroom that just made a simple room feel like luxury. I could have stayed in here all day.
Apart from the warm choc chip cookies that you receive on arrival and anytime that you please thereafter, the staff is so great. Efficient and attentive when it comes to room service. I ordered a dental kit from housekeeping (standard procedure due to my new "travel light policy") and room service in the evening. Both orders were quick, convenient and tasty (not the dental kit of course). I would love to stay there again and just hide out when I need a break from the city rush.
I created a little lifestyle post while I was there just to share a bit of the room and my experience whilst there. Enjoy!

Photography: Londam-Holland
Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam-Holland

Share:

0 comments