Greyscale

Feeling so sick today after the cold front that hit Joburg this weekend :( but...show must go on right? I hope that you have had a good start to the week and ready for a spanking new lookpost! For this lookpost, I teamed up with Cape Town based photographer, Lisa Gabriel, again and we made alittle magic happen. I was inspired by a quote for this look and one which stuck with me for some odd reason. The quote was from Rich Mnisi, designer for OATH Studio, during a blog Q&A session for the Skip Fashion Exchange. When asked how he would describe his personal style, he said "I’m a white T, jeans and an OATH Studio Jacket type of guy."
Now this may sound pretty simple but for me, it was his style captured perfectly in words and just formulated, for me, why I love this brand so much. It's simple, easy but makes a statement. I think it is an amazing style philosophy to adopt and it really puts an emphasis on investment pieces and basics, which I love! I wore this OATH Studio coat to the Skip Fashion Exchange and loved it so much, I wanted to try it "dressed down" and worn how the "everyday OATH man/woman" would wear it. So with a pair of jeans, plain white T and OATH Studio coat, I went. I think this look is timeless, stylish and has a fun element to it.
For this look, Lisa kept going on about finding a grey wall/background to match my grey coat. I was rather confused as I knew I had a blue coat but when I had sent Lisa a photograph of the coat the evening before, it looked grey. When it came to the "moment of truth", the determination to find this "grey wall" regardless of coat colour was so real. As if like a mirage or oasis, we found this beautiful marble building as we turned a corner during our location scout and just fell in love. It looked almost two-toned against the sunset lighting and it just brought this whole look together for us. I hope that you enjoy this post and keep clicking through for upcoming posts. Follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin at the handles below.

Outfit Details:
Coat: OATH Studio @oath_rm / T-shirt: Jet/ Jeans: Woolworths/ Shoes: MRP

Photography: Lisa Gabriel @lisag_photography
Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam-Holland

Share:

0 comments