LOST.

“Those who wander are not always lost”. A very common hallmark card saying but seemingly apt for this post.  I have made a promise to myself to get out a bit more (basically stop being a nerd in the school of  life) and experience different places and discover….to wander in wonder. 

 A few weeks ago I went on a mini retreat to a hidden gem of Gauteng called Mangwa Valley Game Lodge, just outside of Pretoria.  It is literally an escape from the big city with no TV, hardly any cellular network and just the most beautiful views.  The service is attentive and you can enjoy a day at the spa overlooking the valley, a sunset meal by the pool or a game drive around the reserve.  Their luxury tents are really a home away from home (super quiet as well…) so if you are feeling overwhelmed, this is such a breath of fresh air.

Whilst we were there, I shot this lookpost with my sister, Siwe and rally enjoyed shooting in a different location As exciting as they can be, I find that city landscapes can get a little mundane.  I love the feel of this look and how it transports you to this quaint existence.  It was the first time shooting with my sister and I was quite happy with the results as she managed to capture my vision as well as inject her signature angles and style.  This is only one side of her multi-faceted portfolio, for bookings check out her blog here

For this I am wearing this kimono-inspired dress by Diane for a.y.k, accessorized with a wide brimmed hat and a moto jacket for some edge…call it “safari chic” if you will. 

What is your ideal escape?

Dress: DIANE for a.y.k/ Jacket: MRP/ Hat: borrowed/ Shoes: RAGE

Share:

0 comments