Coffee Dates & Resolutions

image



Happy New Year! 2015 is finally upon us and well underway might I add.  We have all come from a pretty mixed year, some say it was the worst, some say blessed and some say “best year ever”.  But regardless of how your last year was, we are living in the “here and now” and right now its 2015.


I love the beginning of the year as it feels like anything is possible and all your “what ifs” can become “remember when we did that!?’.   This year I plan to focus on me by taking a more inward view into mind, body and soul.  My first agenda on the list is "body”.  Joining the gym has got to be the most cliche resolution in the history of time but it is so necessary.  I recently went for a fitness assessment and was actually shocked at how unfit I am.  I have grown to love my body and accept it for what it is but this is about trying to fix the inside and make sure my body runs at optimum level.  Health, people, health is what we are after here! 


Second on my list is “mind”.  I have just decided to adopt a whole new mindset that focuses on being more aware of my actions, my environment and concentrate on what makes me feel happy and at ease. How about saying what’s on my mind and not reserving it in order to preserve someone’s feelings? Or realizing that “hey, you need a break, take that weekend away?”  We always watch others living, truly LIVING and we think its a mystical idea when all it takes is knowing that you deserve it.


Lastly, “soul”.  So you may say I intend on embarking on a spiritual retreat of sorts but not really.  Something as simple as taking that 30 minutes to yourself to sit in silence or doing what you love or taking a mini holiday to a secret location.  To getaway to a place of peace is the best thing for my soul right now…and to go with people you love….EVEN better.  For this post, I collaborated with Tegan to create a very cool, classic and cheery lifestyle shot.  It’s not so much about the clothes, as the styling is super minimal but rather the feeling you get of being in your own happy place.  I love the pop of colour and pattern and just the way she captured me in that light of happy goodness (thank you Tegz!)  


I hope that your 2015 is off to a great start and enjoy!


Dress: CUSTOM-MADE/ Shoes; TOPSHOP/ Photography: TEGAN SMITH


image


image


image


image


image


image



image



Share:

0 comments