Anticipation

It’s time for another lookpost and this one is a particular favourite of mine lately. I had this amazing faux fur coat to play around with and decided on really moody imagery to showcase it with. I have always love those super editorial, black and white images, like something out of Italian Vogue so I just had to try out that look with this one.

This coat is from OATH Studio’s menswear collection and I was always been surprised that I haven’t seen it on any women since it is such a “grande fabulous” piece. Granted I love to wear mens’ clothing and switch it up to suit me but most people would say that it’s too bold. There is no such thing as “too bold” in my book. I chose to give this coat the respect it deserves by letting it be the focus of the whole shoot. Funnily enough, when I put this coat on I felt a slight vintage heroin “spirit” come over me and glamour was on my mind. I wanted to give the feeling of a woman getting ready to go out somewhere and waiting to be picked up by “Mr. Mystery and Dashing”. She is fun, carefree and restless in anticipation for her night ahead. You see her touching up her lipstick, changing hairstyles, checking the windows and even considering staying indoors as the anticipation slowly starts to drive her insane. I played around with the lighting here, really dimmed it down and shot it black and white for that gloomy yet glamourous look.

I hope that you are enjoying these lookposts as much as I am enjoying putting them together. I feel like I have been newly inspired since my break from the blog and taking the time to reflect on what I want from this all. There is a lot more content on the way so keep clicking through and following my Instagram for updates.

Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam-Holland

Photography: Londam-Holland

Outfit Details:
Dress: Cotton On/ Coat: OATH Studio/Shoes: MRP (not pictured)/Bag: Woolworths/ Necklace: Lovisa

Beauty Details:
Lips: Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Matte Lipstick in Chocolate

Share:

0 comments