The Coat

Following my opening SAFW lookpost last week, I am sharing another one of my outfits from fashion week. On day 2 of SA Fashion Week, I wore this beautiful unisex waistcoat by Thabo Makhetha to her show. I loved the semi-oversized silhouette of the coat and the fact that it was slightly monochromatic. As I was digging the whole “keeping it simple” approach to fashion week this year, I couldn’t wait to make this my statement piece of the night. On the night, I paired this with a simple mid-calf black dress but for this look, I tried it with a black jumpsuit to play up the masculine aspect of the coat. I was actually pleasantly surprised that Thabo’s collection for the night used the same black-white-red blanket that this coat was made from.

This season's collection was so high-fashion and I loved how it incorporated smart layering as well as the Basotho aesthetic that the Thabo Makhetha brand is so well known for. If you remember my last post on the Thabo Makhetha SAFW show last season here, you would remember how I has spoken about her changing aesthetic and adapting the Basotho culture into a chic lifestyle brand. This show received rave reviews from the media and was honestly my favourite show of the week.

For this look, I just wanted to showcase the beauty of this coat; its design, print and appeal. I chose to keep the surroundings minimalistic and play around with shadow, silohuettes and the coat itself. This coat would be a fantastic wardrobe addition to your winter closet. If you would like to order your own, go to her website here to check it out. Thank you so much to Thabo for letting me wear her designs xoxo

The week is nearly done (yay) but the projects ain't slowing down... but I am really exciting for the upcoming months. Aren't you?

Outfit Details:
Coat: Thabo Makhetha @tmakcc/ Jumpsuit: Woolworths/ Shoes: Zara/ Ear Cuff: Call It Spring

Photography: Londam-Holland
Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam-Holland



Share:

0 comments