Come Clean

I am a fan of quick and easy... love a product that gives great results but will not take out a huge chunk out of my day to use. I was approached by rubybox to review this new, long-awaited product from Garnier. You can also be a part of their reviews by signing up on the website (here) and create your own beauty profile…all for free and easy. The brand has launched their first micellar cleansing water into South Africa designed to remove make-up or act as a cleanser and toner. Now I am one of those girls who get super lazy to remove my make-up at the end of the day (I know...the shame) so to find make-up removal products that actually remove all my make-up and get me to bed in 5 mins makes me really happy. I tested these two micellar waters out for a few weeks; using them alone and incorporated into my normal cleansing routine and this is what I found.

The Formula
Micellar technology uses molecules called micelles that work together to trap dirt, lift up impurities and make-up from the skin without drying out the skin. These micellar waters come in two formulas; a sensitive skin-type solution and a formula for combination to oily skin. The sensitive formula has no perfume and its gentle on the skin. The combination to oily skin formula feels slightly more nourishing on my skin and doesn’t leave the skin feeling dry or “sticky”. What I love about the formula is that you don’t have to scrub your face in order for the water to work. Just in one swipe and already, make-up fills your cotton pad, leaving skin clean and feeling refreshed. The best part is that it is safe to use on your eyes and lips too. Usually, we think that all make-up removers are safe to use on all areas of the face but no... eyes and lips require some TLC, which Garnier now provides.

Efficacy
I do think that these micellar waters are worth a go. They are really convenient and remove dirt really effectively. Cleansing is quite a personal process as everyone likes to cleanse differently and feel different levels of cleanliness in term of facial skin. I really like to double cleanse so start with a milk make-up cleanser as the initial removal, then cleanse again with my normal cleanser and then use the micellar water to sort out any dirt left over from the cleansing. I tested out just using the micellar water to cleanse off a full face of make-up and I must say that I didn’t feel robbed in terms of feeling clean. I needed about 3 cotton pads to properly remove all the make-up, by the third pad, my face was already pretty clean. Since the water is a cleanser and toner in one, I just finished off with my moisturiser.

Cost Effective
These are so affordable. At only R80, these really are “bang for your buck” as they come in 400ml sizes and it doesn’t take a lot to soak a whole cotton pad. I even use both sides of the cotton pad, extending my usage. The only thing is that if you’re a fan of travelling light, the bottle may appear abit bulky for your carry-on. But you can transfer the water into travel size containers or leave your cleanser and toner behind as the micellar water has got you covered in those departments.

Follow updates and news on Garnier Micellar Water using the hashtag #GarnierComeClean on Instagram or Twitter or post your own experiences with the product using the hashtag.
Hashtag: #GarnierComeClean
Photography: Londam-Holland
Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam-Holland

Share:

0 comments