Pink Punk'd Mondays

image


I love anything punk grunge related! Partly because I think I am secretly a “Londontown cool kid” or a rebellious 90’s rocker but mostly for its cool abandon and effortless styling.  More and more I see myself leaning towards this style in everything I like in stores and style inspirations that I am drawn to.  As I write this post, I am in full punk grunge gear.


Over the weekend I checked out the new River Island store that opened in Rosebank and I fell in love with everything! I even posted a picture of my favourite shoes on my Instagram seen here.  As you can see, these shoes are chunky, unapologetic and far from inconspicuous but how amazing are they?!   For this look, I took elements of punk grunge and made them slightly wearable and girly.  The leather jacket and plaid shirt wrapped around the waist are quick and easy ways to take your outfit from “okay” to “effortless cool”.  


image


image


image


Adding the pops of pink and opting for classic blue skinnies keep the look modern and polished.  Should you be feeling brave and want to totally immerse yourself in this style, switch up the classic skinnies for a ripped option or faded boyfriend jeans, the heels for a chunky “badass” boot and the top for a faded over-sized tee.  Slick on a dark shade of lipstick to complete the look, this shade is from Black Up.


What’s your favourite “go-to” style? Comment down below, I would love to know!


image


image


image


image


Leather jacket: MRP/ Top: PHENOMENA (YDE) / Jeans: WOOLWORTHS/ Plaid shirt: MRP/ Shoes: GAVIN RAJAH X LEGIT/ Lips: BLACK UP Rich Moisturising Lipstick in shade RGE12



Share:

0 comments