The Editor's Skirt

Hello and welcome back after fashion week mayhem! I have been abit behind on blogging this week, just catching up with life and finding some sort of bearing but I think I have it down now, yeah? So last week, we had SA Fashion Week in Johannesburg and it's always an exciting yet exhausting time of year. Sometimes I wish we had fashion weeks like they have internationally; starting in the morning and having a whole day's affair. What makes our fashion week exhausting is having a normal work day to start with, then having an energetic fashion week until about 22:00. But....it's always a blast one way or another. I love the dress-up of it all and getting really experimental with my looks. This year, I was quite minimalistic, I think. I didn't really feel the need to accessorise too much and liked having simple (messy) hair, simple make-up and just letting the clothes speak for themselves. This year I had the honour of wearing two designers that I love: Matte Nolim and Thabo Makhetha. They have completely different aesthetics but the clothing is so well made and suits my "no-fuss" dressing. I will be doing lookposts for some of my SAFW looks and share them with you really really soon (check my Instagram account if you would like a "sneak peak")

I had actually planned to wear this skirt to SAFW the second my sister gifted it to me after her trip to New York earlier this year. Unfortunately, I just did not have the perfect accompaniment to do this skirt justice :( For some reason, I just didn't want to debut this skirt mediocre. I call these type of skirts "Editor's Skirts". I think it is the quintessential look of a fashion editor, seen on countless street style blogs from Paris Fashion Week or New York Fashion Week. I have always loved how feminine it looks and just the glamourous association it has with the fashion industry and my fashion favourites such as Olivia Palermo, Aimee Song and Sara Donaldson. This skirt is so comfortable and has the most amazing texture on a seemingly "plain" print. The BEST part is the pockets! I have been dreaming of a dress or full skirt with pockets...they add such an element of cool to the look and are so practical.

I teamed up with Lisa Gabriel for this lookpost and it was quite a rush to get these shots in; the sun was setting and we were losing light, which is every photographer's worst nightmare. On the contrary, I quite liked the evening look to the look. It almost gives the feel of a "fashion night out" which is what I had in mind with this skirt. I hope that you enjoy this look post and there is more to come on the blog; fashion week looks, some favourites and a very exciting project I cannot wait to share with you! (I'm kinda nervous but super excited)...

Photography: Lisa Gabriel (@lisag_photograhy)

Outfit Details:
Skirt: H&M/ Top: Woolworths/ Shoes: Zara/ Bangles: Flea Market

Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam-Holland


Share:

0 comments