The Ex

Another week, meaning another lookpost to share. As you may have noticed from my last posts, I have been sharing my outfits from SAFW that I really really loved. Today, I will be sharing my last one...(collective sigh :()

Now...this dress was a knockout for me. I have never been so pleasantly surprised nor have I worn something this fancy to fashion week. Normally, I go for trendy and quirky but this year was a switch up of note. I went for dressy and elegant and loved it. This dress is from South African young designer Matte Nolim. I unofficially met Mathew at last season's SAFW, where he debuted on the fashion week ramp as part of the Lufthansa Talent Search show. My attention was caught by his clean and feminine aesthetic and of course the SHOES! I had never seen shoes like that on any runway, especially our runways, let alone a designer that designed shoes to compliment his collection. Fast forward a few months and after an email from the designer himself complimenting me on a photograph I had captured of his collection and an offer to collaborate... I was in. We officially met a month or so ago and I have been so excited to work with this brand on future projects. Mathew was so kind as to dress me for fashion week and he suggested this dress as one of his favourites that he wanted me to wear. To be honest, looking at this dress in pictures, I wasn't really sold...even when I finally got to hold it in my hands...not moved. All he said was "trust me, you'll love it". The beauty of this dress is not in its first impression...it what happens when you put it on.

When you put this dress on is where you see its incredible detail, texture and construction. There is no seam or draping out of place, it just finds your body's curves and sits on them. It quickly became my favourite dress of the bunch and could not wait to wear it in public. The name of this dress is "Bury Your Ex"...now apparently you're meant to wear it to the funeral of an ex-lover but I had a completely different idea when I heard the name. I would say, why wait for a funeral? This is the dress you wear when you know you may see your ex out somewhere and you just want to give him a taste of what he passed on...it's the dress that buries your ex in regret of "why did I let her go?" Haha, enough of the "woman scorned" banter. Whether it's the construction, the jaw-dropping slit or the crazy name behind this dress, it is a wardrobe staple, the ultimate LBD and probably one of my favourite items of clothing I have had the pleasure of wearing. Thank you to Matte Nolim for allowing me to wear this dress! If you would like to bury your ex with this dress, contact Matte Nolim on his Instagram @matte_nolim or email mathewnolim@yahoo.com

What's your killer item of clothing that would make grown men weep? Comment down below and let me know. Have a glorious week!

Outfit Details
Dress & Shoes: Matte Nolim/ Bag: Dune

Photography: Londam-Holland
Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam-Holland

Share:

0 comments