Connecting the Dots



A BIG HEY'ALL! I am so excited to be posting again, it has beeen ages.  To be honest, I have had a void in my heart for taking a break from the blog a bit due to crazy schedules and just being caught up with focusing on my 9-5.  But I’ve always been cooking a sweet lil something to welcome you all back with.  I teamed up with my favourite, Tegan to shoot this super beautiful lookpost for me.  It was weird how my vision for this look post was very simple and mature in a way.  I had no interest in styling up a crazy, eye-catching outfit to prove that I have style….I just wanted to showcase beautiful art.  I was, and always have been, inspired by moody 50’s glamour shots from Italian Vogue.  I loved the black and white pictures of classy ladies of that era.  The iconic polka-dotted dresses, cateye winged lids and sultry red lips…it was about the lifestyle, fashion and architectural surroundings.  


This mood also captured the way I have been feeling lately and as the year draws to a close, I feel a sense of accomplishment and clarity.  On the career front, I feel like all my dreams are starting to come true…I am doing what I love, learning for amazing people and doing things that a year ago I thought were impossible.  I feel centered in love and feel that my hopes are important and that all my daydreaming in Maths class is starting to unfold.  It’s always amazing to take a second to look at how far you are on your path and what measures you took to get there.  Last year, I was in a job I had grown to dislike, recovering from a lifestyle that I didn’t want to lead anymore and in a city that I knew was not my final destination……with a passion that was slowly diminishing.  I felt lost, like the dots were not connecting somehow.  I must admit, fear was my greatest enemy…I was scared of making a mistake, of being broke, of being heartbroken, disappointing others and disappointing me.  I could go on about my relevations at this point but I know you’re eager to see Tegan’s amazing shots :)  Well scroll on down and enjoy…


Playsuit - MR PRICE/ Jersey - TOPSHOP/ Boots - WOOLWORTHS


Book your own shoot with Tegan here











Share:

0 comments