Fairytale

This shoot is possibly one of my favorites to date as I have never done a shoot so dramatic and one that really depicts a story, mood and exquisite feel. This editorial was shot as part of the Arthur Kaplan 12 Days of Christmas campaign. Even though this deal has passed (yay if you got it one of the pieces) I could not bear the thought of not sharing the whole editorial with you. I shot this with my sister, Siwelile, head photographer at 4th Eye Photography (she is currently taking blogger lookpost bookings so book yours here). We had never shot something super editorial before so it was a challenge in the beginning to see if we could pull it off... and I mean really pull it off. I knew I wanted something clean, ethereal and a mood that would transport you into another world. Originally I had scouted out this beautiful flower walled building to shoot against but after a run in with security after not knowing that the wall was off bounds (thanks for shooting *sigh*), we needed a plan B. Siwe has been eyeing this forest location for the longest time and always wanted to shoot something there. At first I doubted this forest vision as my heart was set on Kanye West dreams of flower wallin' hard but when I saw it with my own eyes...I was just blown away. The serenity of the location was exactly what the shoot had to be about and the warm browns and toasty hues were the perfect backdrop to my all-white ensemble. I was truly living out some fairytale dreams here.

We shot with a beautiful dappled lighting created by the trees and some reflector light for a golden glow on the skin. I love how this shoot has so much movement in it as I played around with the tulle in my skirt and the shadows and light created the mood. I really loved the incredible eye that my sister has and just was in awe of the way she works. I definitely cannot wait to create another one of these shoots with my sister...I can already feel the ideas rolling in...

Photography: 4th Eye Photography (make your bookings here)
Instagram: @londam_holland_
Bloglovin: Londam Holland Blog

Share:

0 comments